Day 12 (1 April 2013, Monday) 13.1 Mi_66.0 Mi/Deep Gap Shelter

His name is Ernst "Gray Beard 13" from Boston, MA.
He was a drafted Korean War Veteran and studied in Germany long time ago;
fluent in Deutsch.  He is 80 years old and hiking the AT--WOW!
Liza and I met him at Econolodge @ Helen, GA.
Scenic view from top of Tray Mountain, Georgia
Things you find along the AT...Vincent (another Thru-Hiker) and
I found this hiking boots in the AT; someone left it there for other hikers
to use but it is not allowed--"Leave No Trace" behind.
I found this unique tree and I would like to share it with everyone...
I guess I could have used it during the ice storm last week (4 April 2013).
Today was sweet--Liza dropped off Pinoy Airman at the Unicoi Gap and he started hiking.  This was his biggest mileage so far--13.1 miles in a day.  Kelly Knob kicked his butt today but still pushed through to Deep Gap Shelter.  Liza's visit was a much needed morale booster for him.  Plan for tomorrow is to RON at the Blueberry Patch Hostel and wash clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers